CV writing is usually asked to write in exams and it is practiced with other academic writings as well. Resume writing is also a significant form taught to students for future, but there is a misconception regarding both resume and CV writing by some people that both are same. No, not at all! Though they both share the same concept of introducing candidate’s information to the employer’s yet, there is a thin line between both. This blog is for all those who can’t differentiate between resume and CV writing.
The Difference between a Curriculum Vitae and a Resume
- According to CV writing services, the curriculum vitae or CV is a summary of one’s educational and academic backgrounds as well as summary of any job experience, publications, presentations, or any achievement such as awards, honors and affiliations. CV has no page limit; based on one’s experience and quantity of activities and degrees the pages are filled. It is used for graduate school or job required to get a degree, or academic based internship etc.
- On the other hand, resume writing service can be said a brief description of one’s academic and professional background. Resume is not more than one page. It just depends on one’s list and way of describing their achievements. It is required for professional level, if candidate is willing to apply for business, industry, governmental, and non-profit jobs.
Another hey differences between both resume and CV writing that distinguish from each other are;
- CVs are meant to get position for academic based works like teaching, research etc. It can be said CV marks comfort zone of candidate on greater level, whereas resume is required when candidate enters in professional field, come out of their comfort zone and are passionate to do some serious and challenging work.
- An objective of curriculum vitae is to be informative in comprehensive way for instance while writing academic information in CV one will write “Pass intermediate with medical from XX college, in X year with – grade”. While, resume will only mention intermediate with pass/fail in – – year.
- Just like we are asked to write exams in comprehensive way throughout academic life, similarly, CV is also supposed to be writing in detailed comprehensive manner. Resume in this way give professional and mature touch with grown up and professional, a bit technical way while applying for official work or networking with employers.